Cornwall College Duchy College Bicton College Falmouth Marine School CCB Training

Military and Protective Services Academy

Military and Protective Services Academy

Have you got what it takes to join the uniformed services? Our Military and Protective Services (MaPS) Academy provides the ultimate preparation for a career in the Armed Forces, Emergency and Rescue services, the fire, police, ambulance, UK Border force as well as, Non-uniformed roles, civil service, voluntary or private security sector.

Preparing you for a career in the armed forces is our ultimate goal. We pride ourselves on our success rates with 80% of students who pass going straight into the military or protective services and the remaining 20% continuing their studies.

This course will challenge you, take you out of your comfort zone and put you one step ahead of the rest. More importantly it will offer you the opportunity to find out more about the benefits of a career in the uniformed and non-uniformed services before you commit yourself.

Watch the presentations here  

Be inspired by our students…

University Study

FdSc Rescue & Emergency Management
& BSc (Hons) Emergency Sector Management and Interoperability

Developed in association with the civil resilience and emergency response sector, local authorities, emergency services and the voluntary sector, this programme suits those looking for a career in the emergency services or those looking to develop a career in the rescue and emergency management sector, in the UK and overseas.

We also offer a 1 year top up programme the BSc (Hons) Emergency Sector Management And Interoperability, which is unique and very distinctive in offering high level training in interoperability. In 2012 the Government formed the Joint Emergency Services Interoperability Programme (JESIP) to address the recommendations and findings from a number of major incident reports, which stressed the need for all the services involved in planning for and in responding to emergencies, to co-operate in a more effective manner. The development of interoperability is pivotal so that the emergency services can respond to the increasing challenges facing the modern world.

Amazing Alumni

Jack McGurk

“I attended the Level 2 course in 2014. Bicton gave me a great start and foundational knowledge into my inspiration of becoming a solider. “

“After leaving Bicton I have succeeded in achieving my goal. Fast forward to now I am part of the Kings Royal Hussars and I excelled to the rank of Lance Corporal within 8 months of joining my regiment. I have worked alongside many different nations including Estonia, Canada, France any many more whilst deployed in Estonia as part of Nato’s enhanced forward presence. I have accomplished many courses and am have trained in a variety of different armoured vehicles and their weapon systems.”

I have to thank Bicton’s Military & Protective Services course instructors for helping me get to where I am now and giving me a great foundation to excel within my career. For anyone who is thinking of joining the armed forces I cannot express just how beneficial Bicton’s courses are in giving you a head start to where you want to be.”